Boys & Girls Harbor seeks to recruit outstanding professionals who are inspired by our mission, exemplify a commitment to excellence, and are motivated by a fast-paced working environment.
Harbor employees are part of a dynamic team—committed to empowering young people through educational programming, enriched by the arts.
Summer Camp Counselor/Lifeguard – Harbor K.I.D.S.
Boys & Girls Harbor is currently seeking a Summer Camp Counselor for our Harbor K.I.D.S. Program. The Summer Camp Counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing core and non-core programs and experiences for children in the Harbor K.I.D.S. Program. This position will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. The role will begin late June and run through mid-August, Monday through Friday.
- Plan and implement a variety of age-appropriate and theme related activities to include music, art, art drama, crafts, games, dancing, science/nature, and sports.
- Plan special events with the direction and support of the Director.
- Provide complete weekly planning sheets and a monthly calendar.
- Create and facilitate curriculum activities and areas to promote positive learning and experiences for the children in a safe and positive environment.
- Set appropriate standards for the children’s behavior using non-punitive methods that teaches self-discipline while supporting children’s self-esteem.
- Provides careful and concentrated supervision for play areas to insure children’s safety and learning.
- Promote mutual respect and models problem solving skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of youth (K-5) work experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with planning and implementing age-related curriculum/themes/activities.
- Demonstrated effective teaching strategies.
- Lifeguard certificate a plus.
If you are interested in joining our team of dynamic professionals and would like to learn more about current opportunities at The Harbor, please submit your resume and cover letter, and indicate which position you are applying for.
Send cover letter and resume via e-mail. Enter the position title in the Subject line.
Boys & Girls Harbor
1 East 104th Street, Suite 544
New York, NY 10029
Boys & Girls Harbor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We voluntarily encourage diversity in the workplace. M/F/V/D